We make majority, control investments where our partnership model works best including:
- Staged Succession: an owner-operator may be looking to take a step back from the operations of the business and transition over time.
- Immediate Retirement: an owner-operator is looking to retire on closing and exit the business completely.
- Management / Employee Buy-Out: an existing group of managers or employees would like to purchase the company from the owner they currently work for and are seeking a strategic partner for the transaction.
- Carve Out: a larger corporation would like to carve out a segment of their business that is deemed non-core or simply believes the segment is better suited as a stand-alone business.
We seek to invest in smaller, entrepreneurial businesses that have some (or all) of the following characteristics:
- Long-term, loyal employee and customer base that we can grow alongside
- Strong competitive position within its niche – has a distinct reason to exist and outperforms their market
- Revenue of $5+ million
- EBITDA of $1-5 million
- History of profitability
We partner with companies where we have experience, including, but not limited to:
- Light manufacturing and assembly
- Value added distribution
- Consumer products and services
- Business products and services