Why TrussPoint Equity Partners
TrussPoint Equity Partners is a long-term focused, supportive, hands-on partner to the businesses we invest in. When we invest, we think about the value of compounding efforts, with the plan to hold our investments and make decisions aligned with this mindset. Similarly, we do not hesitate to sacrifice short-term profitability to make everlasting improvements.
We dedicate the majority of our time at the onset of each investment to listen to owners, employees, customers, and other business stakeholders to help set the direction and operational rigour required for the next chapter. If an owner-operator transition is required, we have the ability and experience to operate for an interim period of time.
TrussPoint are value added partners that take a hands-on approach either through direct operational support or active advisory for management teams.
Some of the many value creation activities employed could include, but are not limited to:
- Planning for and investing in human capital: assessing scalability of organizational structure, investing in leadership development, promoting from within and/or supplementing teams with professional management to create both capacity to work “in” and “on” the business.
- Onboarding financial systems and (simple) operational metrics to appropriately measure and monitor performance in a timely manner.
- Technology assessment and selection where system implementation and/or improvements can generate data-driven insights for superior decision making.
- Strategy development and implementation.
- Execution and integration of add-on acquisitions strategically aligned to access new geographies, customers, end markets, products, or services.
- Establishing corporate governance and staffing a value-added set of directors and industry advisors.
- We identify competitive operational advantages and build people, systems, and processes to insulate from inevitable changes to the operating environment.
- Creating visibility to the cash flow profile of the business to better understand its sources, uses and how to best re-deploy.